Staff Directory |
Counsellors - Family Wellness Worker
My name is Ms.Robbin Alexander,
I am the Family School Wellness Worker in Cremona. This is my 9th year working in Cremona and for Chinook's Edge School Division. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Gerontology (the study of aging) and a Bachelor of Social Work degree from McMaster Univserity in Hamilton, Ontario, and I also have my Master of Social Work degree with a clinical specialization from University of Calgary. Chinook's Edge School Division is the third school board I've worked for since finishing university. I used to work in both northern Manitoba, as well as Ontario.
The Family School Wellness Program is a confidential, voluntary, preventative service offered to children, youth and families. It is available to all children aged birth to eighteen and their families. Family School Wellness is available year round and is free of charge. Services can be offered through the school, at your home, or in the community.
Any member of the community requiring family related support or information can access the program. Children are welcome to make one self-referred visit prior to parental or guardian consent. Students, parents, teachers, and community agencies can make referrals.
My role as a Family School Wellness Worker is to:
- Provide support services to families and children facing social, emotional or family challenges
- Promote effective communication and parenting skills
- Offer short-term individual or family support
- Build skills with students in small groups
- Assist in finding information and resources such as counseling, after-hours crisis response workers, or legal advice
- Advocate within the school or community at large
- Promote preventative opportunities within the school and community
- Collaborate with community agencies
I can be contacted at the school (403) 637 3856 - or via text at (403) 797 1565 on school days during school hours:)
Best wishes and any support you may need for a great school year!
Robbin Alexander, MSW, RSW